Why Playa del Carmen?
- We’ve never been here.
- Nice weather : average of 77 degrees Fahrenheit while we’re there with some occasional rain.
- Same time zone.
- Only takes 4 hours flying from Chicago.
- Not overly touristy like Cancun, yet not too secluded either.
- Currency’s not killing us so bad; it’s like 1:10.
- Love Mexican dish.
- Abundant of beautiful beaches.
- Got a sweet deal for the airfare from the Net.
Why ‘The Playa’?
- For a first timer like our family, staying in an area where everything is accessable or nearby is helpful.
- Within walking distance to the beach and restaurants.
- Convinience of Walmart, McD and BK (they have the Playhouse!), Starbucks and even Baskin Robbins.
- Reasonable laundry services are not hard to find.
- Lively nightlife.
- The famous 5th Avenue (Quinto Avenida).
Why staying at a condohotel (in our case, Villas Sacbe)?
- You’d get the convinience of a full furnished condo apartment with the price of a hotel.
- Even the one bedroom apartment can function as a two bedrooms. How? They have this large sofa that could sleep 2 adults or one adult and two kids in the living room.
- You’d get maid service every other day.
- You don’t have to pay extra for parking.